[pm-h] Projects

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Sun Feb 26 08:57:41 PST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 08:09:37 -0600
Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at earthlink.net> wrote:

> "G. Wade Johnson" wrote:
>
> > I've been thinking about adding a page to the Houston.pm site for projects
> > like the delcom/libusb project. The pages would carry the latest code and
> > any rationale or discussion of the design that we want to keep.

[snip]

> > Any thoughts? projects?
>
> I didn't see a lot of responses to this - maybe due to lazy
> Perl programmers  :-)  I'm one of those.

<grin/>I'm choosing to believe that I posted it on a Friday and that
some people won't be responding until next week.

Then again...

I've been talking with a few people about this as a way to give more of the
membership a chance to participate in the group. For various reasons, (many of
them geographic) we haven't had as much attendence at the meetings as I had
hoped.

But, it would not be too hard for us to do some sort of distributed project
development. Paul and I are having good luck with that on the LibUSB/Delcom
project.

I was thinking that the project pages would give everyone a bit more
visibility into what is happening. That may tempt some to help out a bit.

It's worth a shot.

We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters
will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the
Internet, we know this is not true.          -- Robert Wilensky, UCB