[pm-h] Projects

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Feb 24 05:17:17 PST 2006

I've been thinking about adding a page to the Houston.pm site for projects
like the delcom/libusb project. The pages would carry the latest code and any
rationale or discussion of the design that we want to keep.

We currently have ideas floated for several projects. The one's I can think of
off the top of my head include:

* LibUSB/DelcomVI (maybe two projects, maybe just two modules.)
* Sudoku solver
* Wireless Bayou-Cam Network

We could have a page for each project with the project leader/organizer name,
any code available for download, rationale/design documents, POD converted to
HTML for an online manual.

This way we could have multiple projects going at one time. If you felt like
working on one, you could. Members that are new to Perl could get some example
code to learn from and ask questions about.

Any useful modules could be posted to CPAN if we want. Any projects that got
too big for us to handle comfortably on the website (in other words, if I
became a bottleneck) could be moved to SourceForge or something.

Any thoughts? projects?

Machines take me by surprise with great frequency.    -- Alan Turing