[pm-h] Todo list for YAPC Houston

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:40:01 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Mike Flannigan <mikeflan at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Looks good.  I can possibly help on some of the mundane
> chores, like maybe "contact Hilton about housing" or
> "contact Hilton and Univ. Houston about classrooms for
> Master classes" or
> "compile resources for transportation around Houston
> (taxis, rentals, buses, METRO, etc.)" or
> "compile resources for transportation to downtown
> Houston (taxis, shuttles, METRO, etc."
>
> Give me something simple if you want and I'll do my best
> to get it done.

Thanks, Mike. That would be great if you could contact the Hilton about
housing.  Some numbers and information to give to Hilton about possible
guests and facility use:

Of the 410 conference attendees in 2006, 242 (59% of attendees) stayed
somewhere other than the dorms, such as hotels or at their own house.
Some conference attendees may want to reserve meeting rooms
We may try to reserve a meeting room for a hackathon following the
conference
We may reserve a few rooms for training classes after the conference (June
28 and 29)
The TPF auction/dinner may possibly be held there (if logistics and money
prevent us from having it somewhere else)