[pm-h] yapc-na test site update

Jeremy Fluhmann fluhmann at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:26:11 PST 2006

On 12/9/06, Brandon Black <blblack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/8/06, Jeremy Fluhmann <fluhmann at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://brazosvalley.pm.org/yapc_logo.psd
> > http://brazosvalley.pm.org/yapc_logo_br.psd (same as above,
> > but with a line break between YAPC::NA and 2007.  I probably didn't need
> > upload this one since it's virtually the same).
> >

> Personally, I prefer the second one with the line break, but the
> centering of the text looks slightly off.

I kind of like the break as well.  Does the centering look off from left to
right, or from top to bottom (on the version I sent out, the text box wasn't
centered top to bottom)?  The text box was centered to the width of the
image, but we may still have to play around with it some.

Also, regarding the yapc site, I want to go live with it before the holiday
since the call for presentations starts in January.  I'll try and finish up
tonight what I've done on it so far.  After tomorrow's social, if everyone
seems okay with the design and layout, I'll request that it go live.  From
there it gets updated via subversion, so changes will be simple and easy.
If anyone doesn't like the layout or colors, please let me know and we'll
try something else.  We'll discuss some at tomorrow's social I'm sure.  If I
don't get feedback before Friday, I'll go live with whats there (it can
always be changed later)  http://test.mongueurs.net/yn2007/  Feel free to
register on the test site.  Everything gets reset when it gets moved to
production, so have fun with registering.  The payment system (if turned on)
is a demo and doesn't really do anything except e-mail you a fake
confirmation.  I'll open everything up tonight so that you can test the full
functionality (talks, payment).

Thanks,
Jeremy