[pm-h] Perl Programmers wanted!

King, Philip Philip.King at chron.com
Tue Aug 15 14:12:05 PDT 2006

As the visiting members of Chron.com's Online Technologies mentioned in
the Houston.pm meeting Tuesday night, we are looking to add more Perl
talent to our team.

Here's our current job posting.  If you're interested, please email your
resume to hr at chron.com, with the subject "Houston.pm - Chron.com Web
Application Developer".
Thanks!

-----------------------

Interested in developing state of the industry applications for a
website that is visited by over 5 million people per month? The Houston
Chronicle, one of the largest metropolitan newspapers and websites in
the country, has an excellent opportunity for a WEB APPLICATIONS
DEVELOPER in the Online Product Development Department.

Our newest team member will be integral in the full life-cycle
development of the Houston Chronicle's content management system and
subsystems. Your daily activities include gathering, coding, deploying,
enhancement of online products that can compete with the newest
functionality the internet has to offer. In addition, you will provide
proactive maintenance of our back end systems for our newly redesigned
website, Chron.com.

Your total commitment to our internal/external clients and users is a
major factor in determining your viability as a candidate. Our culture
dictates providing exceptional customer service in an environment that
is fast paced and deadline driven.  Do you think you can thrive and make
a quick impact?

Required skills include practical experience with the following:
* Develops medium-sized database-driven web applications
* Ability to absorb new systems and programming
  languages quickly
* UNIX / Linux

Preferred skills include practical experience with the following:
* Object oriented Perl
* Java and JavaScript
* Experience with SQL and XML

We offer:
* An excellent benefits package
* Competitive salary
* Opportunity to work with an innovative team with state
  of the industry technology
* Opportunity for cross training

**Pay Rate Negotiable Per Prior Experience

---
Phil King
Online Development Manager
713-362-2626