[pm-h] Brian Foy going to Dallas

Jeremy Fluhmann jeremy at msc.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 28 12:24:58 PDT 2006

>> It doesn't happen often, but Dallas is showing us up:
>
> Much as I hate to agree with this, the DFW Perl Mongers group does appear
> to be much more active than ours. If anyone has any ideas on how to
> improve this situation, feel free to let the group know.

Have any of the Texas PM Groups proposed hosting the YAPC::NA?  I have no idea what all is involved (I know hosting a conference is a big job. I've only recently started learning about conference planning and there are a lot of little details), but it would sure put a group out there.  Or, what about starting a YAPC::NA::Texas conference?  Just a thought (or is it a request?  Hmmm...).

Venue Req's: http://www.yapc.org/venue-reqs.txt
Previous Venues:
2005 - University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2004 - University at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, U.S.A.
2003 - Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, U.S.A.
2002 - Washington University, Saint Louis, Missouri, U.S.A.
2001 - McGill University, MontrŽal, QuŽbec, Canada
2000 - Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
1999 - Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.