[pm-h] Perl Magazines

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Apr 14 06:51:19 PDT 2006

I actually got the Perl Journal for years before CMP decided not to publish it
as a separate magazine. Not only did it have good articles on Perl, but the
magazine showed a great sense of humor. They poked fun at themselves and
practically everything else.

For a while, it was published as a supplement in SysAdmin Magazine. Then, it
became a PDF-only magazine. Once it became HTML only, I stopped bothering with
it.

The Perl Review started out a couple of years ago as PDF-only and has moved up
to PDF and hardcopy distribution. There are not as many articles each issue as
the old Perl Journal, but the quality of the articles seems good. More
importantly, the sense of humor is there.

If you like laws and sausages, you should never watch either one being
made.                                           -- Otto von Bismarck