[pm-h] OT: Which Version Control System To Use?

Will Willis willis3140 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:26:51 PDT 2005

I have no experience with version control apps on *nix based systems. I've
used VSS on Windows, but I've been doing quite a bit of development on my
linux box and I'd like to get a version control system up and running.

I've heard of CVS and Subversion, and I've skimmed the docs on both. I know
this isn't really Perl related, but do any of you have any opinions on which
system would be best for my situation? Will I be in for a shock, coming from
VSS to either of these systems? Are there GUIs or is everything command
line?

Thanks,
Will