[pm-h] Upcoming meetings

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Fri Aug 26 17:31:30 PDT 2005

These all sound like interesting topics, Will. Anyone know much about these
topics?

I know we have a couple of people in the group who have CPAN modules, would
anyone be interested in giving some pointers in that area?

G. Wade

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:31:08 -0500
"Will Willis" <willis3140 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> >If you don't want to volunteer, do you have any ideas for a presentation?
>
> Some things I would be interested in hearing/learning would be:
>
> 1) How to use the Eclipse IDE using EPIC,(Eclipse Perl integration)
> http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2005/08/25/tools.html
>
> 2) A presentation on other popular scripting languages, their strengths and
> weaknesses, etc. (Ruby / Pyhton / Whatever others may be using)
>
> 3) Writing modules for CPAN. this could be spanned over 2 meetings.
>    a. Theories behind writing good perl moudles (Object Oriented and
> functional [using Exporter])
>    b. How to register for and promote modules to the CPAN
>
> -Will
>

> >From: "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> >To: Houston Perl Mongers <houston at pm.org>
> >Subject: [pm-h] Upcoming meetings
> >Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 06:58:05 -0500
> >
> >Do we have any volunteers to present at the October or November meetings?
> >
> >If you don't want to volunteer, do you have any ideas for a presentation?
> >
> >Last year we took a break in December for the holidays.
> >Do we want to do the same this year?
> >
> >G. Wade
> >--
> >Don't kill him!! If you kill him, he won't learn nothin'!
> >                                     -- The Riddler, "Batman Forever"

"Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs."
                                  -- "By the Sword", Mercedes Lackey