[pm-h] Livening up the Group

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 18 06:13:19 PDT 2005

"G. Wade Johnson" wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:44:20 -0500 (CDT)
> Paul Archer <tigger at io.com> wrote:
>
> > I like the idea of a group project. Phalanx might be a bit much to jump into
> > (or not). It just sounds intimidating.
>
> The general thrust of Phalanx is writing unit tests for standard modules. It
> shouldn't be too (technically) difficult. Although there may be some
> organizational difficulties.
>
> > Maybe we could come up with something a little more local. Maybe something
> > that we could end up on a web server somewhere as a resource for Houstonians
> >
> > (geeks or general population).
> >
> > Paul
>
> Anybody have any ideas about a project they would like to see or work on?
>
> Later,
> G. Wade

I was thinking like Paul - maybe Phalanx is a bit much for us
to take on.  But after hearing from Wade I'm thinking I
might learn a few things if we do take on that project.  Lead
the way Wade.

Writing unit tests for modules, heh?  I'd like to do either one
of the Geo modules, a serial port module, or who knows
what.  I'd really like to do the Geo module that gives lat/long
from a street address and vice versa, but that is probably a
bit much for us.

I think something like the HTML table extract module would be
maybe too much for us.  Let's hear some ideas.

The bayou-cam network idea is interesting, but we need a
sugar daddy to make that one happen.  Just my opinion.

After the Phalanx thing is done, I would like to see us
build some kind of local - Houston - application.

Mike