[HoustonTx.pm] Houston PM communication

houston-admin at mail.pm.org houston-admin at mail.pm.org
Thu May 8 19:59:48 CDT 2003

This thread has just made something clear to me that has been nagging
at me for a while.

Some time ago, I tried to contact the Houston.pm group without any
success. Other things got in my way for a few months. (We all know
about that.)

When I had a chance to get back with it, I figured that if there
wasn't any response, I'd make the attempt to restart the group. Then,
I found that HoustonTx.pm had been started in the interim. So I
contacted this group and signed up.

A short while back, I started getting notices about the meetings.
I haven't been able to get fit it into my schedule yet, but I've
been aiming to go.

Now I realize that the meetings are probably being run by the
first group.

It might be a good idea for the two groups to try to get together
and combine the memberships. Personally, I'd just like to have a
good Perl presence here in Houston. I don't care what it's called.

G. Wade

On Tue, 6 May 2003 15:14:40 -0700 (PDT)
houston-admin at mail.pm.org wrote:

> It is news to me.  I even run the list;)  I wish
> Silent11 would let us know what is going on.  I don't
> mind anyone taking the initive and scheduling
> meetings, I'd just like to be invited.
>
> Kristofer
> --- houston-admin at mail.pm.org wrote:
> > So is there some other mailing list or communication
> > channel for Houston.pm that
> > I don't know about?
> >
> > Based on CB chatter out on perlmonks, silent11 among
> > others have been going to
> > the meetings, and seemed to know about them, but
> > myself and at least two other
> > members of *this* list never heard about it.
> >
> > Don't get me wrong, I don't feel slighted, but I've
> > been wondering whassup.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Matt

If you like laws and sausages, you should never watch either one being
made.                                             -- Otto von Bismarck