[HoustonTx.pm] Perl programming in Houston

houston-admin at mail.pm.org houston-admin at mail.pm.org
Thu Dec 12 02:49:45 CST 2002

[ I. What has been your general experience with
 getting projects started using Perl? ]

My personal experiance has been difficult.  I didn't
have a way to use it effectively at my last job
(Compaq).  My new job (www.int.com) is the perfect
place to use it, but I have been constrained by the
powers that be to user Perl only for my little
internal web site.  I would like to be able to use it
for some more heavy duty internal apps, but the answer
has always been no.

[ II. What other languages do you program in besides
Perl and why? ]

in no particular order.
1. Bash, sh (Used extensively at work now)
2. C (Testing my Company's Widgets)
7. C++ (Testing my Company's Geoscience Toolkits)
8. Perl (Woohooo! Just for fun, and Internal Website)
9. Java (Testing my Company's Java Geoscience
Toolkits, and for fun)

Kristofer A. Hoch