[hbpm] best books?

Daniel Hopkirk - Airnet NZ daniel at team.airnet.net.nz
Sun Dec 9 11:57:39 PST 2007

Hi all,

Yes, I am still alive, just working a lot and not much else.

As for the HBPM group, I started rebuilding a site that would have a
little more detail with the intention of putting snippits etc on it,
however my place got broken into and the server that it was on got
stolen. More generally, I've been trying to get people locally
interested in the group (even put our flyers a while back) but the
general tech community around here doesn't seem to be interested in much
more than ASP.NET.

I'll try and get details through to support this week and get things
back up and running, but I doubt the membership is likely to expand much
any time soon.

Now, back on topic... Books... On my desk I have a few that are handy
references, but I'd have to say that my favourite for its little tips
and tricks would be 'Perl for System Administration' by David N
Blank-Edelman. I don't get to make much use of it these days but when
there is a little free time to be had I liked flicking through and
getting ideas to tidy things up a bit.

Now, back to work. =/

Regards,
Daniel