[Hartford-pm] OT: Need XP Home CD Image???

Bob Mariotti r.mariotti at financialdatacorp.com
Sat Mar 19 06:26:51 PST 2005

I know, I know!  We don't use Windoze.  But again, some still do.
Especially our family members.

I very recently inherited an HP laptop from my college daughter and in
my attempt to "cleanse" it I corrupted the partition table.  Using
numerous tools available from bootable CD's I still cannot recovery.  My
only recourse now is to reformat and rebuild.   This box will have Win
XP Home AND Linux installed in a dual boot configuration.  The XP Home
licensing sticker from HP is still attached to the bottom of the unit
with the authentication code.

However, due to the age of this box I have nothing but the box.  No
manual, and especially no recovery CDROM.

Does anyone know of a source to download an iso of the XP Home CDROM?
Or would anyone be willing to ftp a copy of an old one to my ftp server?

Please advise?

Oh yeah, anyone have any scoop in our next (March) HPM meeting?

Thanks,

Bob