[Hartford-pm] Re: [Boston.pm] Help using LWP to change password Q's?

John Tsangaris developer at tsangaris.com
Thu Aug 26 17:56:54 CDT 2004

I'm not sure this answers your question... but I always do this whenever trying to figure out form data being sent to
the server for LWP purposes.  Use a simple proxy server and log the requests.  I used the chance to roll my own (about
20 lines, now up to about 100) that keeps three different types of logging, one for sites visited, one for form post
data, and one for everything under the sun.  I manually interact once with the site I am trying to LWP, with logging on.
I also take a look at the html source for other options, but whatever comes through the log gets cut-and-pasted into my
LWP calls for the basis of my interaction.  I've never had to get around javascript before, but I'm sure you can
simulate the transform pretty easily.

-John