[Harrisburg-pm] Greetings

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 10:34:33 PDT 2013

Jason, Nathan,

Hello! My name is David Mertens. I just moved from Chicago to Carlisle to
begin a one-year visiting professorship at Dickinson College. I was active
with Chicago.pm <http://chicago.pm.org/> and contribute to
PDL<http://pdl.perl.org/>and
Prima <http://www.prima.eu.org/>. I'm very eager to find a local Perl
Mongers group. As of earlier this year, I was under the impression that
Harrisburg didn't have anything, so I'm delighted to have found you on irc
and, eventually, online.

I was wondering if there was any interest in getting together any time? If
we are too few in number, I wonder if we might consider all going to
another local meetup, such as a Linux Users
Group<http://www.meetup.com/cp-lug/>.
Also, I heard through irc that Baltimore.pm is getting together this
Thursday <http://www.meetup.com/Baltimore-Perl-Mongers/>. Anybody
interested in carpooling down there? (I would offer to drive, but I am
borrowing my sister's car for the next couple of weeks and do not want to
put too many miles on it.)

David