[Hardware-pm] Perl WebIO Equivalent

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Tue Jul 29 15:41:14 PDT 2014

So I've been hacking away at this, and it's gotten up to escaping onto
github.

https://github.com/frezik/Device-WebIO

This implements an interface that gives devices the same external API.  You
register objects that implement one or more of the Device::WebIO::Device::*
roles:

$webio->register( 'rpi', $rpi );
$webio->register( 'pcduino', $pcduino );

And then call pin functions using the names given above and their pins:

$webio->set_as_input( 'rpi', 0 );
$webio->set_as_output( 'rpi', 1 );
my $pin_0 = $webio->digital_input( 'rpi', 0 );
$webio->digital_output( 'rpi', 1, $pin_0 );

Roles for GPIO, ADC, and PWM are mostly set.  On the TODO list are I2C,
SPI, 1-Wire, Serial, and Video streams.  Also to be done are implementing
specific sensors for temperature, pressure, etc.

There's also a start on the WebIOPi REST interface:

https://github.com/frezik/Device-WebIO-Dancer

This implements most of the GPIO interface:

POST /devices/rpi/0/function/IN
GET /devices/rpi/0/value

Thanks,
Timm