[Hardware-pm] Perl Hardware - Future

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Fri Jun 13 08:56:14 PDT 2014

Perl Hardware has been languishing and I need your help to make it
thrive. With your help I see a very long and healthy future for Perl
Hardware.

Things you can do to help.

* We have 45 members on the mailing list,
http://mail.pm.org/mailman/listinfo/hardware-pm, please start to use
it to ask questions, post ideas, make announcements of interesting
Hardware news, etc.

* Next week is YAPC::NA 2014 where there will be a community run
Hardware Hackathon. Please attend in person or on irc (#hardware).
http://www.yapcna.org/yn2014/wiki?node=Hackathons

* Amplify blog posts you find on http://hackaday.com, etc where perl
is used or could be used.

* Help rewrite bad perl you find in the hardware community. Even
better push what you can to CPAN.

* Write blog posts. Tell the world what you are doing or tell the
world what you want to do and ask for help.

* Push code to github and CPAN.

* Find a Makerspace/Hackerspace and go give talks about perl and
hardware. http://makerspace.com/makerspace-directory
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/

* Offer to help with the Perl Hardware Advent Calendar.

* We have 29 members on the Hardware.pm newsletter. I need all levels
of help from content to editor to  push out the monthly newsletter.
http://hardware.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=a4b38e54d10a34e5fad2743ff&id=089a8b053d

* Don't let these ideas limit you. If you see away to move Perl
Hardware forward please do so.

A few new modules made it to CPAN recently that need some testing,
blog posts and general nurturing.

Device::SaleaeLogic
https://metacpan.org/release/Device-SaleaeLogic

Device::Firmata