[Hardware-pm] what is the aim ?

Claes Jakobsson claes at surfar.nu
Tue May 13 01:56:12 PDT 2014

Hi,

On 11 mar 2014, at 21:44, Vikas N Kumar <vikas at cpan.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is Hardware.pm only for Perl projects with hardware ?

Dunno, where does one draw the line for "hardware"? The small stuff I use for embedded is more powerful today than servers we ran Perl on in the mid-90's.

Personally I'm working on a project for plant sensors/actuators where most of the controlside part of the system will be written in Perl and JS (V8) running on a fairly powerful ARM Cortex-A5 microcontroller from Atmel running Linux. This will talk via serial to a smaller board running Contiki-OS but there I write the stuff in C. Perl simply can't fit on those MCUs.

/Claes