[Hardware-pm] Bus Pirate hacking opportunity

Timm Murray tmurray at wumpus-cave.net
Tue Mar 11 20:01:24 PDT 2014

Glad people are picking up on UAV::Pilot :)

I'll be bringing my AR.Drone to the convention, and can make it available
for others to try out (batteries permitting).

Since not everybody can afford to buy a $300 drone, I've been thinking of
making a USB dongle that can communicate with some of the cheaper drones
out there.  Someone figured out how to bridge the 2.4GHz transmitter chip
with Arduino:

http://dzlsevilgeniuslair.blogspot.dk/2013/11/more-toy-quadcopter-hacking.html

That would bring the cost down to $20-30, plus maybe $15 for the dongle.

Thanks,
Timm