[Hardware-pm] About us

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 03:34:49 PDT 2012

Heya all,

Right we need some text on the front page and an about page and material
for the site so people know what the heck we are.

So let's do that. Let's do that today.

So...

Hardware.pm is a group of distributed hackers, both inside and outside
the Perl community, who love the rise of the "Internet of Things",
connected devices and home build technology. We are devoted to tinkering
with technology and tying those physical components to the internet to
allow remote manipulation, distribution and configuration.

Our principles are:

* Tinker with it;
* Use whatever sources are already available;
* Don't re-invent wheels, invent ways of tying together existing wheels;
* Use Perl as the connective components in our massive engine;

That's my first stab at this, please feel free to add to or change it.

Reply today please.

Kind regards

Mark

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons), Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder.
Managing Director: http://www.shadow.cat