[Hardware-pm] pi

Martin J. Evans bohica at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 19 13:07:24 PDT 2012

On 19/07/2012 20:54, Andy Bach wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Zachary Zebrowski
> <zak.zebrowski at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> running perl Makefile.PL results in no errors...
>
> So, sort of sounds like cpan has some setup issue?

cpan shell and cpanplus need just too much memory. After running them
for a while the process gets killed (too much memory). That is why I
changed to cpanminus or building from scratch. Someone (can't remember
who - perhaps ilmari) suggested setting sqlite in cpan shell but I
didn't try it.

Having said that I had no problems building a massive amount of C source
for our ODBC drivers but it took all day to compile.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Wetherby, UK