[Groningen-pm] Fosdem - Beer Event on Friday, and Dinner on Saturday - Join us

Wendy gronpm at duivel.nl
Thu Jan 31 13:45:22 PST 2013

Fosdem on February 2 & 3 in Brussels.  It is not
just conference and expo.  There is more.
(sorry, beetje te moe om alles nog even in het Nederlands te vertalen)

Beer event on Friday evening, February 1st
=====================
https://fosdem.org/2013/practical/beerevent/
Impasse de la Fidélité 4, Brusels
http://www.deliriumcafe.be/
At 18:00 the Fosdem-people will go in (amazingly)
large numbers into Delirium.  Delirium is a very
large, very good organised and very interesting
pub in Brussels.  You have to visit it at least
once in your life.  Admire the beer tapping
installations, they are magnificent (25 beers
from draught!!!).  And their beer selection is at
least as magnificent (0ver 2,000 different
beers).  Don't drink to much...  delirium in
Delirium, would probably not be the first person to have it.

We as a Perl group want to meet here too.  That
means, we have to conquer some space and hold it
in a friendly way.  We will be with at least 10
people.  And whoever gets first, has to secure
some stools, chairs, tables, and a corner.  And
tell other Perl people about it: where can we
find you.  Wearing Perl t-shirts might not be
enough...   Don't be violent,  Be polite.  Be
early.  And stay where you are, keep that
corner.  Let's see if we can have some hours of fun together.

Oh, and we don't have a sponsor for the beer
event. Please pay for yourself and your friends.  It's about being together.

Dinner on Saturday evening, February 2nd
=====================
After the Perl-devroom is done at 19:00  and
cleaned and locked, and the Perl-booth is secured
(the expensive stuff has to go back into the
truck, the building will not be secure at night),
a large group of us (more than 20 people at the
moment) will go have dinner at 21:00 at La
Porteause d'Eau.  You are welcome to join
us.  There is no sponsor for this, so bring some
cash (no idea about the creditcards).

Whoever gets first, is first, earlier than 21:00
is fine, they know about us.  Mention the name
"Perl" at the entrance, we have reserved a big
section of the upper floor.  We cannot say what
time we as organisers come in.  When the work is
done.  No sooner.  Start with a drink, please,
and have a good time amongs you earlybirds.  It
seems the selection of beers at La Porteuse is quite good.

Please let us know if you plan to come as
well.  We have to reserve enough space for the
group.  Telling them "anything between 10-30
people" will nog make them happy.  So please
respond to this mail and tell me if you're going or not.

La Porteuse de lEau
http://www.laporteusedeau.be)
Avenue Jean Volders 48
1060 Bruxelles
The restaurant is a 3 minute walk from the Metro
station Hallepoort / Porte d'Halle: http://goo.gl/maps/21zEu
Pay in cash, everybody pays his own (or maybe we
will split the bill, maybe some sponsors will be
present to ease the bill). Take a look at the
menu for the prices (I don't know about the prices).
Small number of vegetarian menu items.
I have been here before, and it was nice.
The kitchen closes at 22:40, so don't be too late.