[grand-rapids-pm-list] Perlmongers Friday

grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org
Mon Feb 25 09:05:15 PST 2008

Grand Rapids Perlmongers will be meeting this Friday for some free Perl
training and free pizza.

    Speaker: Sean McMillon - *"5 Perl Modules Everyone Should Know"*
    Friday, Feb 29 11:30 – 1:00 PM
    PriorityHealth Conference Center (Room C)
    Map<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3111+Leonard+St+NE,+Grand+Rapids,+MI+49525+%28Priority%20Health%20Conference%20Center%29&spn=0.016144,0.039312&hl=en>

Also, I'm pleased to announce the GR Perlmongers officers for 2008:

    *President:* Jason Porritt
    *Marketing Officer:* Sean McMillon
    *VP/Treasurer:* Matt Hahnfeld

We are planning the following events for the year (all tentative). All
events are tentatively scheduled to be held at PriorityHealth Conference
Center room C.

*Date: *Mtg Coordinator – Event

*Feb 29:* Sean McMillon – Free Training: 5 Perl Modules Everyone Should Know
*Mar 28:* Jeff Klein – Technical Topic: DB::Cache
*Apr 25:* Eric Fox – Free Training: (tba)
*May 30:* Joel Meulenburg – Speaker: Mark Jason Dominus(?)
*Jun 27:* Matt Hahnfeld – Technical Topic: (tba)
*Jul 25: *Ed Eddington/Jason Porrit – Free Training: Intro to CGI
programming in Perl
*Aug (14-15):* Matt Heusser – Speaker: Andy Lester(?)
*Sep 26:* Ben Mouw – Technical Topic: Adapting grouse hunting techniques to
pheasant (or something different altogether)
*Oct 31:* Matt Heusser – Free Training: Intro to Perl

Ed Eddington
Grand Rapids Perlmongers