[grand-rapids-pm-list] ANN: Perl Mongers Meeting For November/December Dec 12 -- Social Meeting w/ Elections

grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org grand-rapids-pm-list at pm.org
Tue Dec 9 06:58:25 PST 2008

>     Come prepared with ideas -- topics for next years meetings are
> especially desired, but please bring any idea you have to make perl
> mongers the best it can be. If you don't think you'll be able to make
> the meeting, please post your ideas to the mailing list.
    I'd love to see discussions on these topics:

    Perl IDEs
    Perl 6, and how to use Perl 6 features in Perl 5
    Combining Perl with other languages
    How to release modules on CPAN
    A multi-part intro/workshop to Perl for web developers -- something
like CGI + Perl basics then mod_perl + more perl.
    Modern Object Oriented Perl (Moose)
    Some kind of community action workshop? (Adopt a module for testing
or something?)

       --Sean

--
Visit my blog -- Bacon Driven Coding: Sean McMillan tells you all about
programming software <http://www.bacondrivencoding.com/2008/>