[grand-rapids-pm-list] Higher Order Perl - Has anyone read it yet?

Joe Wright joe at joewright.org
Fri Apr 15 12:03:56 PDT 2005

Hi all.  I'm a new subscriber to the list; it's nice to see that Grand
Rapids has a Perl group.

This morning I read The Perl Review's interview with Mark Jason Dominus
(http://www.theperlreview.com/Interviews/mjd-hop-20050407.html?up) about
his new book "Higher Order Perl" (http://perl.plover.com/hop).  Just the
other day I was wishing that I could use Perl to do closures, and that
turns out to be one of the things described in the book.  Has anyone
read "Higher Order Perl" yet?  Is it worthwhile?  I'll probably ask my
manager to expense it for me but wonder if anyone has a feel for it yet.

Thanks,

Joe