Elvin Magic

Brandon Gohsman brandon at echobox.com
Tue Jan 21 21:15:44 CST 2003

Grettings,

Anyone here ever get stuck dealing with a CGI script written in ELF?

(I’m not kidding)

I’m not sure who built this site, or which of the 10 rings of hell he
resides in, but I’m going to find out. Oh, yes

I consider myself a fairly open-minded guy. I realize that there are a lot
of programming languages and formats that can be used to create a CGI
script. And I’ve been slowly forcing myself to become fluent in as any of
them as possible so that I can broaden my skill set. Pearl, PHP, ASP, JSP,
Python, Ruby, yada, yada, bla, bla. Each language seems to have it’s own set
of trad-offs and strengths. And sooner or later I end up working on an app
that someone else built, so the more I know the better. But can anyone tell
me why in the name of Zeus’s bunghole you would write a shopping cart app in
ELF!?

Anyone?

Brandon Gohsman
EchoBox Interactive