How do I Parse a file share

Kyle Victor kvictor at reidtool.com
Tue Dec 23 10:52:10 CST 2003

First here is my code:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
use File::Find <File::Find> ;

my $days = 365;
my $path = '/';

print find(sub {(-A) > $days && print $File::Find::name,"\n";}, $path);
exit;

This will let me look thru my HD for files that have not been or have been
accessed inside/outside of a given # of days

Now I want to be able to look at a file share (one of the volumes on a
server) and do the same as what the above code does
I have a 235 G volume that is down to 5 G and my users say its all good data
I want to parse it and find files that have not been accesses in say the
last 14 months
Then move them and archive to DVD
But for now just need to print

I am a newbie for sure...but have some C++ and VB so I have taken to Perl
thus far...
but have had a problem finding help on parsing a file share...

Can or will ya'll help

thanks

Kyle Victor  MCSA/MCSE/CCNA
Network Administrator