less theoretical and more realistic Database Stuff

matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com
Mon Oct 8 06:51:29 CDT 2001

Thanks for the help, guys. ESPECIALLY the hard links to companies
that provide those functions.    As for Perl, I would probably use perl scripts
to do some of the backup/administration, and put them into the CRON to be
periodic.  (Linux has oneathem, right?)

And, um, the phrase I was searching for was "transactional file system", but
you're right, you could use the phrase "Journalling" instead.
(At least according to Tanenbaum, author of "Minix."  But then again,
he ain't no Al Tobey.)

Seriously - Thanks.  Unless anyone objects, I'm going to quote some of
you and stick you at the appendix of my report. :-)

regards,

Matt H.