PostGres Vs my

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 12:20:55 CST 2001

Speaking of open source database management systems, over the weekend I
ran into a guy I worked with for several years (1990-1993).  I asked
him what he'd been up to lately.  Amongst several other things, he
mentioned that he'd done the open source port of Interbase to AIX
(IBM's Unix).

His assessment of the folks working on Interbase was that they are very
bright (one guy he even described as a "genius"), but they really lack
coordination and organization, and the project suffers a lot because of it.