Book Update

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 00:35:43 CDT 2001

Mmmmm, so much goodness.  My eyes are always bigger than my stomach;
these seem savory:

> Effective Awk Programming, 3rd Edition
Venerable must have.

> ..Net Framework Essentials
Grok, then subvert. :)

> Oracle Essentials: Oracle9i, Oracle8i & Oracle8
May be useful (particularly 9i stuff).

Others from web page:
- Oracle DBA Checklists Pocket Reference
  This sounds promising.

- Oracle PL/SQL Best Practices
  PL/SQL is insipid, but if you're gonna do it, ya might as well do it
  right.

- Oracle SQL*Loader: The Definitive Guide
  Sounds interesting.  (Never been completely satisfied with Oracle's
  own documentation.)

- The Perl CD Bookshelf, Version 2.0
  Naturally.

- Python Standard Library
  There's more than one way to do it, and some of those are
  non-Perl ways.

- XML Pocket Reference, 2nd Edition
  Might as well collect the whole set.  (We've got 1st edition.)

Upcoming:
- Learning Perl, 3rd Edition
  Our 2nd edition has been getting good use - even a bit dog-eared.

- Malicious Mobile Code
  For my gramma, she's a script kiddie.  ;)

%Jo::el

=====
Perl mongers do it more than one way. (TMTOWTDI)
http://grand-rapids.pm.org/