Perl Dev Kit

matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com
Thu Feb 15 09:38:11 CST 2001

Dell:

   It depends on what you want to do with them ... after all,
there's more than one way to do it!  If you want a fully-functioning
Perl IDE, I would recommend you get visual perl -free- from
activestate.  (You have to get the visual studio.net beta from
microsoft first. ;-( )  Otherwise, you could always try Komodo,
also from activestate.

  If you want the enhanced functionality of the dev kit (perlCOM
and p2exe are the two biggies), then I'd go with the dev kit.  I've
had nothing but enjoyment working with ActiveState products,
and not-much-besides-headaches trying to get other toolkits
to work properly.

  Hey, is anybody else out there using RUBY yet?  (The japanese,
object-oriented scripting language that's got all the sugar of
perl and twice the caffeine?)  I'm giving it the once-over right now ...

just my $0.02,

Matt H.