I think I finally have it figured out

matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com
Tue Aug 7 09:59:52 CDT 2001

Mr. Poling wrote:
>They could do all that with a pad and
>paper but it won't look as sexy or be as easy.

Would they gain over $100/month in business because it
was so "Cool"?  To be charitable we'll subtract the cost of
a regular cell phone, the paper, and the pads, and we're
down to $70/month ...

Or why not just ask the client if they have a web connection
and check on it via the real web? I would think that would
be more valuable, because then in the future, the client could
check even when Joe Salesman isn't around, and would
have more confidence.  Hmm ... doesn't UPS do that?

And Mr. Johnson wrote:
>Quality, high-speed, information exchange can be priceless.

 I agree, the ad with the kid buying stocks in the middle of red
square with his voice & pda were cool.  24/7 access to data is
appealing, but my price on a 8x4 Character Screen is much less
than what the ISP's are charging.  Good comments, though;
I'm not a believer yet, but I'm closer ...

Matt H.