I think I finally have it figured out

Steve Johnson steve at bbdltd.com
Tue Aug 7 09:50:24 CDT 2001

>>>how do your apps effect the bottom line of that company?

>Okay, how can Verizon Wireless apps positively effect the
>bottom line of _any_ company?

Never trust a manager/leader/boss that only sees the bottom line.  As in "we
don't need to give our customers free bug fixes.  Bug fixes don't add to the
bottom line--upgrades do."

Quality, high-speed, information exchange can be priceless.  Besides, almost
every cost (revenue) justification I've ever seen (or written) has been BS
(OK, let's call it a guess) when it came to predicting returns.

It ALWAYS comes down to this; do the users feel better about what they do
and is it pretty pain free to give it to them?

sj