Bits & Pieces

matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com matthew_heusser at mcgraw-hill.com
Thu Oct 19 15:42:07 CDT 2000

Folks -

1)  Would anyone be interested in a tutorial of RPC (Remote Procedure Call)
with Perl?  If I can ever get my current project to work, I might be able to
present it at a GR.pm meeting in November or so ...

2)  Does anyone remember about 6 months ago, we discussed the idea of  a
"Heusser Anti-Spam" program similar to "Norton Anti-Virus", written in Perl and
used by the ISP?

  It's pretty darn close to happening.  The only missing link is the automatic
download of filters.  Check it out on activestate:

  http://www.activestate.com/Products/PerlMx/index.html

3) ActiveState Perl build 618 is out.  Ho-Hum.  Any guesses as to when
Visual Perl will come out?  or Perl.Net?  I'm practically drooling ...

regards,

Matt H.