"Will Write distributed Applications in Perl for Free"

Steve Poling sdpoling at home.com
Fri Oct 13 20:02:33 CDT 2000

Imagine the following scenario, you have a buncha computers that are connected
via ethernet, and you have a relatively narrow bandwidth connection to the
world. Use the locally connected machines to collaborate upon a data compression
task, maybe Wavelet compression. Then send the compressed bits across the narrow
bandwidth connection.

What kind of data do I have in mind? audio, and then for bonus points: video.
Why? So, we could start WPERL an internet broadcasting station. and make
zillions selling advertising. Yes, WPERL.com is available.

smiles and cheers,

steve