GR.pm June 30 Meeting - CANCELLED

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 18:43:26 CDT 2000

Oh, you want a self-enumerating *pangram* eh?

This pangram lists four a's, one b, one c, two d's, twenty-nine e's,
eight f's, three g's, five h's, eleven i's, one j, one k, three l's,
two m's, twenty-two n's, fifteen o's, two p's, one q, seven r's,
twenty-six s's, nineteen t's, four u's, five v's, nine w's, two x's,
four y's, and one z.

> I suggest the next Perl Mongers meeting be a review of your script,
> which does
> just that. All attendees should come with their own versions, and we
> can have a
> rowdy discussion of the more-than-one-way to do things.

OK, I show you mine if you show me yours.

(*Script*!  In case anyone's mind had drifted into the gutter.)

--- slagertj at rapistan.com wrote:

> This started out as a simple attempt not to leave any of the 26
> characters
> unmentioned...
>
> NO, no, this is all wrong. This is impossible (at least during a
> coffee break).
> This requires a PERL script that counts and reports the number of
> characters
> after each attempt.
>
> I suggest the next Perl Mongers meeting be a review of your script,
> which does
> just that. All attendees should come with their own versions, and we
> can have a
> rowdy discussion of the more-than-one-way to do things.
>
> tims.
> ----------------
>
> only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was
> composed of ten
> a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four
> g's,
> thirteen h's, fifteen i's, one j, two k's, nine l's, four m's,
> twenty-nine n's,
> twenty-eight o's, five p's, one q, sixteen r's, forty-one s's,
> thirty-seven t's,
> ten u's, eight v's, seven w's, four x's, eleven y's, one z,
> thirty-one commas,
> twenty-five apostrophes, seven hyphens, and, last but not least, a
> single !
>

> only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was
> composed of ten
> a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four
> g's,
> thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five
> n's,
> twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven
> t's, ten
> u's, eight v's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas,
> twenty-three
> apostrophes, seven hyphens, and, last but not least, a single !

=====
only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was composed of ten a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four g's, thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five n's, twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven t's, ten u's, eight v's, eight w's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas, twenty-three apostrophes, seven hyphens and, last but not least, a single !