food for sysadmins

Maletic, Tim Tim.Maletic at priority-health.com
Tue Nov 30 15:43:32 CST 1999

Fellow Mongers,

The UNIX Team at Priority Health is looking for a new recruit.  Veteran
sysadmins need not apply, but I'm guessing there are some people on this
list that have a good grasp of UNIX fundamentals, even though they've never
been responsible for a dozen 24x7 database servers.  We're looking for an
entry-level system administrator that could -- with some training -- take
over responsibilities for user account maintenance, printing subsystem
maintenance, backups, patch administration, and monitoring of log files
(among other things).

If these duties don't sound really sexy, don't be misled.  The IS department
at Priority is on the cutting edge on several fronts.  Over 4 TB of raw disk
on shared disk arrays.  High-speed ATM network backbone.  High availability
through site-to-site application fail-over.  Internet services that will
soon be ramping up to e-commerce-style applications.  Our Senior Manager of
Technical Services told me when I hired in: "Here, IS is the shop floor."
Our product, in other words, is data.

If you're interested, please send email to Aaron Nienhuis, our UNIX Team
Leader, at aaron.nienhuis at priority-health.com, or call him at (616)
975-8465.

++$Luck;

Tim Maletic