A Bribe

Gathen, Bill bgathen at usxchange.com
Thu Aug 26 13:58:55 CDT 1999

One more exciting reason to come to tomorrow's meeting:  free books!

We have a STACK of new books that have just arrived from O'Reilly, and only
one has been spoken for.

* MySQL & mSQL (spoken for by Steve Johnson, I think...it's been awhile and
I tossed the email)
* Mastering Algorithms With Perl
* Webmaster In A Nutshell

and...

hold your breath...

* THE PERL CD BOOKSHELF!

We may have to draw straws or something for this bad boy.  The CD contains:
* Programming Perl, 2nd Edition
* Learning Perl, 2nd Edition
* Learning Perl on Win32
* Advanced Perl Programming
* Perl In A Nutshell
&
* The Perl Cookbook (the best thing to hit Perl since Perl itself)

It also contains a paperback copy of Perl In A Nutshell.  We've messed
around with it at US Xchange, and the interface is excellent.  You can
search all six books simultaneously, and the search algorithm is
lightning-fast.  There's also a composite index, if that's more your speed.

Now that you're all good and salivating, I would like to respectfully submit
that everybody that has borrowed books bring them to the meeting tomorrow.
If nobody else wants a turn with them, feel free to keep them longer, but
we've got a lot of stuff out there and I think people are hesitant to send
"I want it, bring it back" emails.  Since it is at least ostensibly a
"lending library" I think it's a good idea to gather them back up every few
months.

See you all tomorrow,
Bill