[grand-rapids-pm-announce] GRPM Parking update

grand-rapids-pm-announce at pm.org grand-rapids-pm-announce at pm.org
Fri Oct 29 07:01:26 PDT 2010

Some of the lots I had suggested are "Card Access Only" today.  I talked to
someone who is more experienced with downtown parking, he suggested either a
parking meter on Ionia for up to two hours (bring coin).  There is also the
Fulton bridge with metered parking $0.25/hr 10 hr max.  The Monroe Center 2
Ramp still looks good, I think that is where I parked.  Sorry for any
confusion, I don't get downtown much.  If you have any suggestions or better
information let the list know and I will include it for the next meeting at
"The Factory".

Also note, the Suggested rate for a half day of conference room is $100.
David has graciously suggested a special rate for our meeting.  Please bring
a few dollars to chip in toward this, I will attempt to get this sponsored
next time we meet here.  During the meeting we will also be discussing
topics and locations for future meetings.

UPDATED Parking information:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104272895292631458975.0004
75af35ad5dcb8a90f&ll=42.962547,-85.672116&spn=0.008982,0.011973&z=16

same but tiny: http://tinyurl.com/yeg5u7l

"Monroe Center 2 Ramp" looks good if you are just coming for the meeting,
the lot between Ottawa, Ionia, Louis and Monroe center features first hour
free and $1.00 per half hours after however there is no daily max.  See the
link above for more options and directions.

X  card only X "Arena Area Lot 3" looks great for all day with a $3.00 daily
max.  Expect it to fill up quick it is located near Fulton and Weston.

X  card only X The "Ottawa & Fulton Ramp" between Ottawa, Ionia, Fulton and
Louis seems good if you will be there all day and the Arena Lot 3 is full
($9.00 max).

Thank you,

David Hoppe