[grand-rapids-pm-announce] ANN: Perl Mongers Programming Competition THIS FRIDAY

grand-rapids-pm-announce at pm.org grand-rapids-pm-announce at pm.org
Wed Jun 25 13:57:33 PDT 2008

Don't Forget, the GR Perl Mongers programming competition is THIS
FRIDAY. I've copied the announcement below. Watch out: we're in a
different room this month; Make sure you come to the right building and
door -- The 1231 Reception area.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Announcing the Grand Rapids Perl Mongers meeting for June 2008:

Put your analytical and programming skills to the test at this month's
GR Perl Mongers meeting!  We're hosting a 1 hour Perl programming
competition next Friday, June 27, starting at 11:30.  You don't need to
be a Perl expert to have fun and solve the problems; you can still help
solve problems even if you don't write any code.  Groups will be formed
at the beginning of the meeting, and the problems we've picked will be
similar to ACM programming competition questions:

http://icpcres.ecs.baylor.edu/onlinejudge/index.php?option=com_onlinejudge&Itemid=8

Code will be submitted and judged in real-time, and there will be
awards!  Desktop computers loaded with Linux will be provided, so you
don't need to bring anything.  As always, free pizza is provided.

*Date, Time and Location:*

Friday, Jun 27 11:30 -- 1:00 PM
Priority Health Computer Lab 3
1239 E Beltline Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1239+E+Beltline+Ave+NE,+Grand+Rapids,+MI+49525+(Priority+Health+Computer+Lab+3)&sll=42.987431,-85.591822&sspn=0.007048,0.011544&ie=UTF8&ll=42.987431,-85.591435&spn=0.007048,0.011544&z=16&iwloc=addr>

*Entry Note:*
Please enter the 1231 Visitor Entrance, and talk to the receptionist --
You will get a visitor pass, and we will come take you to the computer lab.

*Pizza:*
Please RSVP to Matt Hahnfeld (Matt.Hahnfeld at priorityhealth.com), our
Vice President and Pizza Guy, and he will count you towards the free pizza!

Thank You,
    --Sean McMillan,
    Grand Rapids Perl Mongers Marketing Officer