[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers This Friday, January 28, at 11:30am!

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 07:49:16 PST 2005

Come one, come all!  The January meeting of the Grand Rapids Perl
Mongers is THIS FRIDAY, JANUARY 28!  This month we'll have three
speakers talking about Perl Interoperability.  Ever wanted to know how
Perl can work with Oracle, PHP, or Java?  Neither did I, but this
should be interesting none the less...  Sometimes even the best Perl
coders are forced to interact with other, well, "lesser" languages. :)

So, here's the rough schedule:

11:30am - Introductions
11:45am - Matt Hahnfeld talks about Perl Web Interoperability.  Making
Perl work with PHP and other apache modules.  Demonstration of a Perl
module to display ads from PhpAdsNew.
12:00am - Lunch (Vitales' Pizza will be provided for a small fee)
12:15am - Tessa Welsh gives an introduction to OraPerl -- a Perl
interpreter embedded in Oracle.
12:30am - Jeff Klein gives a demonstration of PHDL, a markup language
made to write SOAP  WSDL specifications for Perl SOAP services.

Lots of interesting stuff...  Plus we'll probably talk about the
future of the Perl Mongers web site.  Don't miss it!  Everyone is
invited!  Free O'Reilly books if you invite a new friend to Perl
Mongers!

If you want lunch, bring a few bucks for pizza.

The location is 1239 E. Beltline NE (Priority Health).  It's near the
corner of East Beltline and Leonard St. in Grand Rapids Township.
Just pull in the driveway and it's the huge building right in front of
you.  The actual meeting will be held in Classroom 2.  Just ask the
receptionist for "Perl Mongers" or follow the signs.

Hope to see you there!

Matt Hahnfeld
President, Perl Mongers