[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Grand Rapids Perl Mongers on Friday, August 26 -- Matt Heusser

Matt Hahnfeld matt.hahnfeld at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 11:29:08 PDT 2005

Don't miss Perl Mongers next Friday at 11:30!  This month our very own
Matt Heusser will be presenting a talk about a topic many professional
coders can relate to: the balance between process (red tape?) and
innovation.

We'll meet at 11:30 on August 26 at the Priority Health Conference
Center.  The conference center is located at 3111 Leonard St. NE near
the corner of Leonard St. and East Beltline in Grand Rapids.  Lunch is
provided and visitors and new members are always welcome.

An abstract of Matt's talk is below:

Magic Pixie Dust: Improving the pace of development through people
By Matthew Heusser

Companies tend to mis-understand innovation because innovation
disrupts process.  So if your goal is a defined, stable, repeatable
process, you're going to stifle innovation.  This talk describes an
alternative to an unthinking, brain-dead, factory-like process for
software development: One that relies on creativity and personal
excellence to constantly improve the way we develop software.

I'll see you all there!

Matt Hahnfeld
President
Grand Rapids Perl Mongers