[grand-rapids-pm-announce] Perl Mongers meeting and coding competition Friday!

Matt Hahnfeld matth at everysoft.com
Wed Dec 1 08:10:45 CST 2004

Just a reminder that the November/December Grand Rapids Perl Mongers
meeting is this Friday, December 3!

If you have one, please bring a laptop...  If you don't have one, that's
fine too...

As stated earlier, this month's meeting will include a Perl programming
competition.  We're working out the final details today, but we're
thinking about having a robot battle, where each team will program a
robot and they'll battle it out in a virtual arena.  If we can't get that
working, then we'll probably find some other "fun" problem to solve.

This will be a TEAM programming contest, and teams will be determined by
(hopefully) pairing people with different skill levels.  What I'm trying
to say is that you don't need to be a Perl expert to participate!  Even if
you don't know any Perl, this is a good chance to work with others and
pick up some practical programming skills.

There will be prizes, so don't miss out!

We may have some time for a few lightning talks, too, so let me know if
you're willing to do a 5-10 minute presentation on a Perl-related topic.

The meeting starts at 11:30am, and will be held in the basement of
Priority Health at 1239 E. Beltline NE (Just north of Leonard).  Building
1239 is the main building you will see in front of you when you enter
Priority Health from East Beltline.  Tell the receptionist you are looking
for Perl Mongers and she should be able to help you find us. The meeting
is in Classroom 1.  We'll also post signs.

Information on ordering food will be in a separate e-mail.

Hope to see y'all there!

Matt Hahnfeld
President
Grand Rapids Perl Mongers