FW: O'Reilly Seeks Open Source and Perl Experts

Brandon Gohsman brandon at squareonedesign.com
Tue Jan 16 08:17:31 CST 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: Denise Olliffe [mailto:deniseo at oreilly.com]
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2001 7:19 PM
To: brandon at squareonedesign.com
Subject: O'Reilly Seeks Open Source and Perl Experts

O'Reilly User Group Program Members:

O'REILLY SEEKS OPEN SOURCE AND PERL EXPERTS TO PRESENT AT
THE O'REILLY OPEN SOURCE CONVENTION AND PERL CONFERENCE 5.0
July 23-27, 2001 in San Diego, CA

Developer & Programmer Convention Focuses on Emerging Techniques for
Open Source and Perl Communities

O'Reilly & Associates has posted a Call for Participation soliciting
masters of Open Source and Perl technologies, who are interested in
leading tutorial and conference sessions at the 2001 O'Reilly Open
Source Convention and Perl Conference 5. Session speakers are sought
for three classes of talks: tutorial programs, convention
presentations, and refereed papers.

The submission deadline for all proposals is February 1, 2001.
Presenters will be notified of selection results by March 1, 2001.

For complete information about our submission and acceptance process
for the O'Reilly Open Source Convention, go to,
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon2001/call.html

The program committee invites submissions of tutorials or convention
presentations on topics of interest to programmers. The tracks at the
Open Source Convention will be:

XML
MySQL
Apache
PHP
Python
Mozilla
Linux
Tcl
Zope

For complete information about our submission and acceptance process
for the O'Reilly Perl Conference 5, go to,
http://conferences.oreilly.com/perl5/

Here are some suggested topics for Perl proposals:

Perl 6
Perl 5
Internals
Threads
The Web
I18N/L10N XML
SOAP/XML-RPC/CORBA
LDAP
Linking Perl and C/C++/Java
The Compiler
Databases
GUIs and Graphics
P2P
..NET

Please pass this information along to your members.

If you would like to post a banner on your website for the O'Reilly
Open Source Convention and/or Perl Conference 5.0, please contact me.

If you would like brochures for the either, I'd be happy to send some
once they are released--just let me know how many.

Thanks,
Denise