Book Reviews

Brandon Gohsman brandon at squareonedesign.com
Fri Dec 14 09:14:26 CST 2001

Hey everyone,

If you’ve had a chance to review the current O’Reilly newsletter, you may
have noticed the “Review Copy Guidelines”. Denise has mentioned this to me a
couple of times previously and it looks like they are getting a bit more
adamant about it.

Basically, they want some feedback in exchange for the free books. So anyone
who has the time (anyone?), Denise would really appreciate getting a review
from you. She has even included a link to give us help in how to write a
review. I’m going to really try (after the holidays) to pick at least one of
these books and make a whole-hearted attempt at reading the entire thing and
writing a review.

Also, you may have noticed that I’ve missed like the last 3 meetings. I
apologize for my poor attendance and assure you all that I am still actively
involved in Perl and plan on continuing with the Perl Mongers. I have an
increasing stack of new books here that I am longing to dump on the group.
Hopefully I won’t get lambasted with work the day before our next meeting (I
am so bummed I missed Mongolian). So fear not, your librarian is on duty.

Anywho, there is the current news. I hope everyone has a great holiday
season and I’ll see you in January.

Brandon Gohsman
Square One Design
560 5th Street NW, Suite 301