Perl Mongers meeting notes

bill_day at mcgraw-hill.com bill_day at mcgraw-hill.com
Fri Dec 7 13:41:25 CST 2001

We met at 11:30 at Mongolian BBQ for a combined Nov. & Dec. meeting. In
attendance were: Jeff Williams, Al Tobey, Lee Chen, Joel Meulenberg, Paul
Tjapkes, Steve Polling, Bill Day.  This was a non-technical social meeting.
Other than the over priced tuty-fruti jones soda, it was a good meal with very
good company.

Next meeting: 11:30 a.m. Jan 25 at Priority Health. Matt Heusser will be
presenting a paper that he did for CS 641 on "Peopleware",  Matt will cover more
than just the book by Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister. Unless you work alone this
fasinating book that can do more to improve your job than changing OS's,
languages, or editors. If you don't think you need it, you probably do. I would
recommend that you bring your boss. If you are the boss, I would recommend that
you read the book before the meeting (and reread at least once a year).

After that we will be getting back to more technical matters. Proposals for
upcoming presentations:

Perlbots - Joel Meulenberg
Perl.net - Matt Heusser
CGI.pm - Paul Tjapkes
Hashes - Paul Tjapkes
Wireless networking - Steve Polling

Have a happy holiday, see you all Jan. 25.