FW: posting

Brandon Gohsman brandon at squareonedesign.com
Mon Sep 25 13:37:31 CDT 2000

Anyone looking for a new job?

-----Original Message-----
From: AMillerRitz at aol.com [mailto:AMillerRitz at aol.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2000 2:34 PM
To: Brandon at squareonedesign.com
Subject: posting

I saw your email address at the Perl Mongers website and am hoping you can
help me.  I am recruiting a Manager for our Network Operations Center (NOC)
and am wondering if you or if  anyone you know might be interested? I am
with
One Protocol in Grand Rapids, MI (Formerly Global DSL Communications). We
are
a DSL service provider and are growing VERY rapidly. We also provide related
general support services such as web hosting, web site development, email,
etc. More information regarding products and services is at
www.globalDSL.com. We have offices in Grand Rapids, Detroit, Lansing,
Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. (The position is in Grand Rapids) We will soon
become multi-state. We need some sharp help that is as ambitious as our
growth plan!

Basic duties for the manager will be traffic management, routing, customer
support, consulting with new accounts on tech needs and supervision of
Network Administrators. Windows NT, Unix, Linux and/or Solaris experience
would be great. This position reports directly to the President, so the NOC
Manger will have a VERY high degree of visibility, responsibility and
opportunity. Salary is very flexible for a couple of reasons. We're still
developing the position around the right individual, so it will depend on
whom we hire, what their skill set is and what their final responsibility
ends up being. We are also able to offer some stock options that may enter
the formula for candidates interested in being invested. Be assured we'll
pay
what it'll take to get the right person.

This is just a general idea of what I'm working on; it won't answer all your
questions. And frankly we don't have all the answers- as I stated we are
still shaping the position and hope the candidates will have some input! So
please don't be overly literal on the above information; we are open to
thoughts and ideas. I talk and listen better then I type and read so please
give me a call if you have any ideas or questions. Given our growth
strategy,
I'm also anticipating other openings in our Tech Dept, so please pass this
message on to others. (PLEASE no HEADHUNTERS or other third parties and
given
the nature of the position, contracted employment or consultants are not an
option).  Your help in getting the network ball rolling is greatly
appreciated.

 I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Steve Haystead, Recruiter
One Protocol
Phone: 231 893 6418
Fax: 231 893 6408
Email: steve at amillerritz.com, or amillerritz at aol.com

PS: In case it matters I am not a permanent employee of One Protocol, they
have contracted me to develop and implement a recruitment plan for this
specific position. One Protocol has already paid ALL my fees. I am not a
headhunter and I RECEIVE ABSOLUTELY NO COMMISSION OR FINDER'S FEE.