GR.pm Meeting This Friday, October 27th @ 11:30am

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 12:57:11 CDT 2000

OK, I have confirmation on the meeting room.  This Friday's meeting
will be in "Classroom 1" in the 1239 building (see map referenced
below).  The 1239 building is directly in front of you as you drive
into Waters Circle.  Classroom 1 is in the basement of the 1239
building.  For those of you who have been in the "old" classroom 1
before, this is the "new" classroom 1 - it's way down at the north end
of the main north/south hallway in the basement of 1239.  This is the
opposite end of the hallway from where the "old" classroom 1 was.

You should enter the 1239 building at the main entrace and check in at
the front receptionist's desk (ground floor).  Someone should be there
to escort you down to classroom 1.  If not, the receptionist can tell
you the way.

See you there.

+Joel

--- Joel Meulenberg <joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I haven't been able to confirm the meeting room yet, but you'll hear
> soon after I do.  If you don't know how to get to Priority Health,
> there's a map at the GR.pm site here:
> http://grand-rapids.pm.org/ph_map.gif
>
> This is gonna be a BYOL - Bring Your Own Lunch - meeting.  Worst
> case:
> If you happen to forget about lunch until you're at Priority's
> doorstep, you can always grab something from the Red Hot Greasy Spoon
> next door.
>
> Here's the agenda:
>
> BEGIN {
>     &pick_up_lunch_prior_to_meeting();
>     if ($restaurant eq 'Red Hot Greasy Spoon') {
>         &also_pick_up_Pepto_Bismol() or &HARF();
>     }
> }
>
> my ($hour, $minute);
> do {
>     &chat();
>     &eat();
>     &be_merry();
>     ($hour, $minute) = (localtime(time))[1,2];
> } until $hour * 60 + $minute == 11 * 60 + 30;  # Until 11:30am
>
> # 1.
> &Introductions() if $necessary;
>
> # 2.
> &Lending_Library(-punishment_for_not_returning_books => 'Forced to
> write parsers in Visual Basic');
>
> # 3.
> &Presentation(-title    => 'Little Brother'
>              ,-speaker  => 'Steve Johnson'
>              ,-description => 'Little Brother is a TCP/IP service
> monitoring program written in perl.  It reads a configuration file
> telling what devices to test and what tests are to be done.  The
> resulting output is a static HTML page with a matrix of tested
> systems
> and test results that is placed on a web server for presentation each
> time the test cycle is run.  Services tested include connectivity
> (PING), HTTP, SMTP, POP3, etc.  Test responses are logged and under
> error conditions, an email or page can be sent.'
> );
>
> # 4.
> &Discuss(<<HOLITIME_MEETINGS);
> Due to Turkey Day, I'm proposing that November's Meeting be held on
> Friday, December 1st, rather than Friday, November 24th.  Sound OK?
>
> What about December's meeting?  We're open to suggestions.
> HOLITIME_MEETINGS
>
> # 5.
> &Adjourn();
>

> See you at our next invocation!
>
> +Joel

> http://im.yahoo.com/

=====
only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was composed of ten a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four g's, thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five n's, twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven t's, ten u's, eight v's, eight w's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas, twenty-three apostrophes, seven hyphens and, last but not least, a single !