GR.pm Poll(s)

Joel Meulenberg joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 26 14:48:37 CDT 2000

We're trying to assess the interest in getting together for a chatty,
GR.pm lunch.  If you'd be interested in getting together for lunch this
Friday, please send email to joelmeulenberg at yahoo.com saying so.  Also,
if you've got a hankering for any restaurant in particular, please
mention that too.  (Personally, I'm kinda craving Bombay Cuisine in
Eastown.)  I'll report back to the group on the outcome.

Also, today Paul Tjapkes pointed out that a good topic for a GR.pm
presentation would be a thorough treatment of package variables (i.e.-
"global" variables), lexical variables, "local" variables, symbol
tables, namespaces, etc. - and maybe even coverage of the differences
between how Perl handles lexicals and package var's under the hood.  If
anyone would be interested in hearing about that, please let me know.
*And* if anyone would be willing to cover this topic, *please* let me
know.

Thanks.

=====
only the fool would take trouble to verify that his sentence was composed of ten a's, three b's, four c's, four d's, forty-six e's, sixteen f's, four g's, thirteen h's, fifteen i's, two k's, nine l's, four m's, twenty-five n's, twenty-four o's, five p's, sixteen r's, forty-one s's, thirty-seven t's, ten u's, eight v's, eight w's, four x's, eleven y's, twenty-seven commas, twenty-three apostrophes, seven hyphens and, last but not least, a single !